What Our Vision is Accomplishing
The Calvary Church Journey
This is what our vision is accomplishing:
- Calvary Church is a church empowered by the staggering sense of God’s awesome presence.
- God’s house is a place where the work of the church is happening daily and at all times (Acts 2:46-47)
- We are reaching the families and the youth of Southwest Virginia through outreach evangelism and creative activities for the daily life of the family. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8, 2:41-47)
- We are raising a generation of youth totally “sold out” to God (Matthew 21:15-16) through an aggressive and caring youth ministry, youth camps, community outreaches, and Bible College.
- We have a harvest mentality in the church and we are reaching our region through prayer, worship, the training of disciples, media, radio, and literature (Ephesians 6:12-18)
- We are also spreading the Gospel by liberal missionary support, and by helping to send missionaries from within our local church to countries around the world. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- We are training men and women for the ministry through Covenant Bible College and Seminary, a seminary accredited Bible College where people can earn their associates through to doctorate degree.
- We continue to effectively minister to the hurts and specific needs of the Southwest Virginia region by establishing servant-evangelism outreach events, showing “the love of Christ in a practical way.” We also support centers ministering to those suffering from substance abuse, needs for shelter, clothing and food, and the elderly and incarcerated (Luke 4:18).
- We truly love each other fervently with a pure heart (I Peter 4:8, John 13:35, 15:12-17). Many people comment after visiting our church that we are one of the friendliest churches they’ve ever seen!
- At Calvary we value the family. God chose the family as the beginning of society. From the first family (Genesis 1:27-28) to the family of God (Ephesians 3:14-15), God is for family!
- God is for marriage. God has chosen that the love between husband and wife reflect His own love for His people (Ephesians 5:25, 31-32). We believe that marriage was God’s idea and that marriage is between one man and one woman. God Himself brought the first man and woman together and pronounced them husband and wife! (Genesis 2:18, 21-25)
- We value life at Calvary. We esteem and honor life from the conception of life in the womb, (Psalm 139:13-16), to divine purpose for each life (Jeremiah 1:5), to His abiding presence in our senior years and at death (Psalm 7)
Our Services & Service Times
- Sunday morning service at 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday night Bible study at 7 p.m.
- Youth & Children’s classes at 7 p.m.
What to Expect
All ages stay together for joint praise & worship music. During the sermon children are dismissed to classes for the different ages.
We also have a separate nursery for infants.
After service we invite you stay for snacks and fellowship, stay and visit as short or long as you want.
What To Wear
Dress however you feel comfortable, dressy or casual.
You will find a mix of people dressed in different ways, some more formal & many in jeans and t-shirts.
Come as you are.